Hi there, gerdgoebel.
I appreciate you getting back and providing additional details about your issue.
To isolate the problem of why the report didn't save when doing some customization, we can run the Verify Rebuild Data tool that helps identify and repairs data issues within your company file. Here's what you'll need to do:
- Click File.
- Go to Utilities, then choose Verify Data.
- If QuickBooks detected no problems, there's no further action needed. If you receive a message, "Your data has lost integrity", the file is damaged. Just continue to Rebuild Data to correct the problem.
- When you Rebuild Data, you'll receive a message to back up your company file, just click OK. The utility starts as soon as the back up is finished.
- Click OK when you get the message "Rebuild has completed".
- Run Verify Data again to check for remaining data damage.
For more details about the Verify/Rebuild process, check this article: Verify and Rebuild Data in QuickBooks Desktop.
Once done, try to run the report again. Check to see if it works.
For guidance in generating reports to show the information you need, see this resource: Customize reports in QuickBooks Desktop.
Please let me know how things go on your end. I want to ensure this gets resolve for you. Take care.