QuickBooks Team

Reports and accounting

I’ve come to show to you how to generate a report that contains state detail, @Aquaman1.

I appreciate your time getting in touch with us again. There are some features and functions in QuickBooks Online we can use to achieve this.

You can run Sales by Location Detail report. This report allows you to pull up the information you need. Before that, we’ll have to make sure the Location tracking feature is turned on. It enables you to categorize data from different locations, offices, regions, outlets, or departments every time you create a transaction like an invoice, sales receipt and etc.

Here’s how you do it:

1. Select the Gear icon and choose Account and Settings.
  2. In the Advanced tab, go to Categories and select the edit (Pencil) icon.
  3. Mark the Track locations.
  4. Select Save, then Done.
    Capture.PNG

Then, you'll have to add a location you want to track and reflect in your report. Please follow these steps:

1. Go back to the Gear icon and choose All Lists.
  2. Choose Locations.
  3. Click the New button.
  4. Enter the location, then choose and customize the following options, if needed.
    • Is sub-location
    • This location has a different title for sales forms.
    • This location has a different company name when communicating with customers.
    • This location has a different address where customers contact me or send payments.
    • This location has a different email address for communicating with customers.
    • This location has a different phone number where customers phone me.
  5. Press Save.

You can refer to this article to learn more about the process of tracking location in QBO. Once done, you're all set to running the Sales by Location Detail report. Here's how:

1. Go to the Reports menu.
  2. Enter/select Sales by Location Detail in the search box.
  3. Click Customize to filter the necessary details and make sure Rows/Columns is set to Location.
  4. Hit Run report to display the desired information.

In case you want to create more personalized sales forms, refer to this article to customize them. It offers a unique method and showcases the value of your product to cater to your customer's desires.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with reports in QuickBooks. I'll be more than happy to help you anytime. Have a good day!