It's my priority to get this working for you, donnac2.
Thank you for the detailed information. These are the most common causes for a beginning balance discrepancy are:
- The amount or account of a previously-reconciled transaction was changed.
- A previously-reconciled transaction was deleted.
- The amount or account of a transaction that was connected to a previously-reconciled transaction was deleted or changed. For example, if you reconcile your credit card statement, including last month's payment from your current account, but, in your current account, you accidentally delete the payment to your credit card, the next time you reconcile your credit card statement, your beginning balance will be off by the amount of the payment.
- A transaction's reconciliation status was changed in the register. This can be caused either when the reconciliation status of a previously-reconciled transaction was changed from reconciled (R) to cleared (C) or neither (blank), or when the status of an unreconciled transaction was changed to reconciled (R).
- The account's opening balance is incorrect. (To fix an incorrect beginning balance, see How to make an incorrect reconcile opening balance match a bank statement).
Also, you may not be able to automatically find a match for a number of reasons, if the transaction is outside of the date range you are searching, the difference to resolve is too large, the transaction is over 90 days old, etc.
To learn more about reconciliation process, here's an articles you can read to learn more about it:
- Reconcile an account in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Fix issues when you're reconciling in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Fix beginning balance issues in QuickBooks Desktop.
Please let me know how it goes by clicking the Reply button. I want to make sure that everything is taking care of. Take care!