Thanks for coming back to the Community, KelbyR.
I appreciate following the troubleshooting shared by my colleague and letting us know the result.
As mentioned above, some payments were not applied to the payables. That’s why you’re unable to see the journal entry.
There are several ways on how to handle this type of situation in QuickBooks. The troubleshooting is scenario-based, so I suggest following the steps that fit your situation: Bill shows as unpaid after writing a check in QuickBooks Desktop.
If you wish to link the check to the bill, use this option if the entry has been reconciled. Let me guide you through the process.
- Open the check you created.
- Choose the Expenses tab and change the expense account to Accounts Payable.
- In the Customer: Job drop-down, select the vendor name. If you don't enter a name, QuickBooks will ask you to choose a vendor for the Accounts Payable line item.
- Press Save & Close.
To pay the transaction:
- Go to the Vendors menu and pick Pay Bills.
- From the list, select the bill connected to the check.
- Tap the Set Credits button to open the Discount and Credits window.
- Navigate to the Credits tab and tick the box for the credit.
- Press Done and Pay Selected Bills.
However, if these steps don’t apply to your situation, choose the solution that works for you. To keep your client’s accounts payable records in order, let me share this article that covers all the information: Accounts Payable workflows.
Please let me know if there's any other way I can be of assistance. I'm just a few clicks away if you have any questions. Have a great day ahead.