Thanks for coming back here, Joanneyanne.
When you set up an inventory item, there's a section for Purchasing information. This field is where you will enter the cost you pay for the item, as well as the expense account you want the cost to track to.
To check why invoice 11451 with sales amount $38,560.00 is not mapped on the correct COGS amount $33,560.00, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Care Team. They can do a screen sharing session and help you map the transactions.
- Click the Help icon located in the upper right-hand corner.
- In the Help window, click the Contact Us button located at the bottom.
- Enter your question and click Let's talk.
- Choose either Start a chat or Call us.
If you have the new QuickBooks Assistant help update, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Help menu, and select Talk to a human.
- Choose Talk to a human again.
- Proceed with I still need a human.
- Click the Contact us link.
- Select either Start messaging or Get a call.
Please feel free to leave a comment on this thread if you have any additional questions or other concerns. I'll be around to answer them. Thanks.