Level 1

Tax Return Preparation

on CRA site  Shared custody
If you and another person share custody of a child throughout the year, and you each have a clearly established requirement under a court order or written agreement to make child support payments for that child, normally, neither of you would be able to claim the amount for an eligible dependant for that child. However, in this case, one of you may still be able to claim the amount, as long as you and the other person agree who will make the claim. If you cannot agree, neither of you can claim the amount for that child.

View solution in original post