Re: nys 45 overpayment
Hello there, manestreetcutters.
I'm here to help guide you on how to record an overpayment for NYS-45 form in QuickBooks Online (QBO).
To do this, you'll need to enter prior tax payments. Let me walk you through the steps:
- From the left menu, select Taxes.
- Choose Payroll Tax.
- Select Enter Prior Tax History.
- Select tax type and liability period (the period that the taxes were accrued) then enter:
• Payment Date
• Check Number (optional)
• Notes (optional)
• Tax Item Amounts
- Select OK. You will then be back to the Prior Tax Payments screen.
For additional reference, you can check this article: Recording prior tax payments.
If you need further assistance, I recommend contacting our QuickBooks Online Payroll Support. They have additional tools to pull up your account and do a screen-sharing.
Here's how to contact our customer support:
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company.
- Select Help (question mark icon) at the top right.
- Select Contact us to connect with a live support agent.
This should get you on the right track. Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any other questions about entering prior tax payments. Have a good one.