Re: sales tax in invoice
Hello there, @LupitaG-2019.
I'd like to add additional steps to what john-pero provided above on how you can add sales tax on your invoices.
Adding sales tax on invoices can be done in just a few clicks.
- From the QuickBooks Edit menu, click Preferences.
- On the Preferences window, click Sales Tax then go to the Company Preferences tab.
- Click the Yes radio button to turn on sales tax.
- Set up the sales tax items or sales tax groups for each county, district, city, etc. where you collect sales tax. Click Add sales tax item to do this.
- Assign Sales tax code.
- Set the Sales tax basis (Accrual or Cash). Take into account your company’s accounting a preference.
- Set up your preference for paying the sales tax (Monthly, Quarterly, Annually).
- Click OK.
For complete details about setting up sales tax, please check out this link: Set up sales tax in QuickBooks Desktop.
Once done, you can create an invoice or an estimate, and a tax column will now appear on your sales form. I've attached a screenshot for your visual reference:
There you go!
Please let me know how it goes by leaving a reply below. I'll be here if you need further assistance. Thanks for choosing Quickbooks, LupitaG-2019!