Re: How do I reconcile the difference of my payroll liability to make an adjustment?
Thanks for providing your Desktop version, @ArtisanCustomBuildersLLC2.
QBDT has 4 different Payroll subscriptions: Basic, Standard, Enhanced and Assisted Payroll. If you’re using one of the first 3 mentioned, you can run the Payroll Summary Report to get the information needed and manually calculate the amount for the adjustment.
- Pull up the report by going to the Reports menu.
- Choose Employees & Payroll and select Payroll Summary.
- Change the date range from the Date drop-down to match the effective date on your liability adjustment.
- Hit Refresh.
- Go to Customize Report.
- Tap the Display tab and remove the Hours and Rate check boxes.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Refer to this article for more information: Create a payroll summary report.
Now, locate the payroll item and the amount that needs adjustment. Deduct it from the actual total of the wage base and rate. Then, create a liability adjustment by performing the steps below:
- Go to Employees menu at the top.
- Choose Payroll Taxes and Liabilities, then Adjust Payroll Liabilities.
- Update the Date and Effective Date to the correct one.
- Move the radio button to Company or Employee on the Adjustment is for section.
- On the Taxes and Liabilities section, click the Item Name column drop-down and select the payroll item.
- Enter the Amount of the adjustment.
- Click the Accounts Affected button and choose either Do not affect accounts or Affect liability and expense accounts, then hit OK.
- Hit OK to save the adjustment.
Here’s an article for reference: Adjust payroll liabilities.
If you have any other concerns, let me know. I’m more than happy to help. Have a great day!