Level 1

Can't record Sales Tax payment - spinning circle. I can enter data and click check boxes, but can't select a bank account or an expense account for the adjustment

Solved
QuickBooks Team

Taxes

Hi there, @jeneanne.

Let's perform some troubleshooting steps so you can record a sales tax payment successfully.

There are times that the browser stores frequently-accessed data, thus causing websites, like QuickBooks Online (QBO), to act weirdly. Let's try logging into your QBO account using a private browser.

To use a private browser, here's how:  

• Google Chrome: Ctrl + Shift + N
  • Internet Explorer: Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Mozilla Firefox: Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Safari: Command + Option + P

Once logged in, go back and try to record a sales tax payment again to double-check. For more guidance, feel free to read this article: Set up and use automated sales tax.

If this works, it means that you need to clear your browser's cache so the system can start fresh.

If you get the same result while using a private browser, I recommend switching to a different browser. 

You might also want to read this article to learn how to manage sales tax payments: Manage sales tax payments in QuickBooks Online.

Fill me in if you need further assistance with recording sales tax payment in QuickBooks Online. I'm always around here to help. Have a good one.

View solution in original post

Level 1

Taxes

Cleared my cache and it works perfectly.  Thank you!

Level 3

Taxes

I have this same problem occurring today. Never had it in the past. I was using the QuickBooks Online app for Mac that I use everyday. Even signed out and back in on the app but nothing changed. I then logged in to my account using Safari instead I was able to make the tax payment without a problem.

Level 3

Taxes

This has been happening FOR MONTHS.  There is no other transaction in QBO that behaves this way.  Only recording the Sales Tax payment.  Seems like something is wrong with the program.

I tried using Internet Explorer instead of Chrome this time, and the Sales Tax feature of QBO won't even open in Internet Explorer.

Can you please fix this?  So very annoying!

Taxes

We don't want you to feel that way, TMiller.

Let's try browser troubleshooting to check if the error is browser-related. Use an incognito window with these keyboard shortcuts:

• Google Chrome: Ctrl + Shift + N
  • Internet Explorer: Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Mozilla Firefox: Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Safari: Command + Option + P

Then, try going back to Sales Tax payment, if it works you'll want to clear your browser's cache.

If the error persists, I recommend reaching out to our QuickBooks support. They can open an investigation to check on the error you're experiencing. Here's how:

1. Click the Help icon.
  2. Hit Contact Us 
  3. Enter a brief explanation of your concern, then click Let's talk
  4. Select from Get a callback or Start a message.

I'll be right here if you have other concerns.

Level 2

Taxes

I experienced this very same issue.  I was able to record my payment as usual after deleting my Chrome internet history.