I'll share some information about tax in Oregon in QuickBooks Online.
Before customizing the sales tax in the transaction, let's verify first with your agency if the lodging is taxable or not. Also, sales tax in Oregon is limited only.
If it's nontaxable, then there's no need to customize it in your sales. On the other hand, if it's taxable, then you can follow the steps below on how to customize it.
- Go to the Plus icon, then choose Invoices.
- Complete the needed information.
- Add the amount in the box beside the agency name.
- Hit Save and close.
To know more about the different sales tax rate and their website link, visit this article: Find your sales tax rate for your state.
Please browse through these articles below about applying tax in the sales form and managing automated sales tax in QBO:
- Apply sales tax rates to transactions and sales forms
- Set up and use automated sales tax in QuickBooks Online
Let me know anytime if you have other concerns with your account. I'm just a comment away. Have a great day!