Thank you for visiting us here in the Community, @tommy2.
Let me provide you factors to consider when tracking sales taxes and how to get them accurately tracked in QuickBooks Online (QBO).
- If you're selling in multiple locations, the correct sales tax for each location needs to be calculated.
- QBO automatically calculates the correct sales tax for you for each location.
- In order for QBO to calculate the correct sales tax, you'll need to make sure that your sales tax settings are correct.
To get started, we need to set up a sales tax item for every location. This way, we can keep track of which sales tax is needed for a certain location.
Then, when creating an invoice, select the correct sales tax based on your location:
- On the Plus (+) icon, click on Invoice.
- Enter the necessary information.
- Under the Sales tax drop-down, choose the correct sales tax intended for the invoice.
- Click Save and Close.
Please read these articles for more information:
If you have any other concern, leave a comment below. I'll be here to assist you.