There’s an easy way in matching refund transactions, info850.
Instead of recording a Credit note in QuickBooks, we can use a Refund receipt. We can delete it and create a refund receipt. This way it’ll show when we match it to the payment in our bank feeds.
Here’s how to delete the Credit memo;
- Go to the Sales menu and click on Customer.
- Select the customer and then Transaction List.
- Click on the Credit Note.
- At the bottom menu, click More and select Delete.
- Hit Yes to confirm.
Then, let’s create a Refund receipt by clicking the + New button. Select Refund receipt and enter the same information and once done, click Save and close.
We can now match the transaction by going to the Banking page. I’ll show you how:
- From the Banking page, select the bank we used in refunding the customer.
- Select the Payment and click the Find match radio button.
- In the Match transactions window, click Refund receipts under the Show drop-down.
- Enter the date range and check the Refund receipt.
- Then, click Save.
Let me know if you need anything else.