I appreciate the complete details you've shared, @martin41.
Yes, you can request for a CSV file from your property manager. I've added a screenshot of the sample file so you can easily track your income and expenses in QuickBooks.
Once your transactions are imported to the correct bank account, it will be listed in the For Review tab in the Banking page. Now, you can review each transaction and assigned it to the correct category.
On the other hand, you can use the Class Tracking feature. This allows you to keep track of your expenses by department, location, property, project or event. Here's how to turn on class tracking in your account:
- Go to the Gear icon ⚙.
- Select Account and Settings.
- From the Advanced menu, scroll to the Categories section to edit.
- Make sure to make the Track classes tick box.
- Also, out a checkmark to Warn me when a transaction isn’t assigned a class.
- Under Assign classes select One to the entire transaction or One to each row in a transaction.
- Click the Save button.
- Hit Done.
Now, you can assign a specific class for each imported transaction. Also, you can generate and customize your reports to group info by class. You can run You can read through this article for more detailed instructions: Run reports by class.
Keep us posted here if you have other questions about managing your property-related income and expenses. I'm always here to help.