Hi Lorraine10, You can not undelete something, However, you can recreate it if it is something that should not have been deleted. It is a case of viewing the deletion and then creating the transaction, you can either do that by clicking on fix this on the balance reconcile history error or going to the cog>audit log>filter by events>transactions>deleted transactions. You would then need to add the transaction back into the reconcile(if you need help on that just reply back to this thread). If it is a transaction that should be deleted it would be a case of an accountant user undoing the reconcile.
Hello there, lorraine10.
Thanks for getting back to us. Glad to hear that you're able view the deleted transactions.
Adding transactions back into the reconcile is the same process when adding a regular transaction. You can either create those transactions by clicking the +New button or directly make them in the Chart of Accounts (COA). Here's how:
- Go to the +New button.
- Select the type of transaction you want to create.
- When you create a payment, make sure to deposit or assign it to the correct account.
- Then, save it.
Another way is going through the steps below:
- Go to Accounting on the left panel.
- Within the Chart of Accounts tab, select an account.
- From there, you can add the deleted transaction again by clicking the drop-down arrow under the Date column.
- Select a type of transaction and record it.
- Click Save.
You may want to use these articles for additional reference when reconciling accounts in QBO:
- Learn how to reconcile your accounts so they match your bank and credit card statements.
- Fix beginning balance issues if you've reconciled the account in the past QuickBooks Online.
Please don't hesitate to comment below if you have other questions. We're all right here to help. Take care and stay healthy!