I have just the solution you'll need to get back those delete clients and invoices in QuickBooks, @problemhooves.
Once a customer is deleted from your QBO account, it is marked as inactive. To make it active again, you may follow these steps:
- Go to the Sales menu and click Customers.
- Select the Gear icon.
- Check the box beside Include inactive option.
- From there, you'll see those deleted customers.
- Tap the Make active button to restore each deleted customers.
- Once done, you can now enter any transactions for them.
For the deleted invoices, currently, the option to restore them directly is unavailable. However, you can use the Audit Log to get the details of the deleted invoices and recreate them manually.
- Select the Gear icon and pick Audit log.
- From there, you'll see those changes made by QBO users.
- You can also use the Filter button to choose the appropriate User, Date and Events filter, then Apply.
- To easily locate deleted invoices, press and hold Ctrl + F on your keyboard and type deleted invoice.
- Click View under the HISTORY column to open the invoice.
- You'll see all the info and use it so you can re-enter the invoice with its original transaction date.
For more details about this process, please see this article: Use the audit log to re-enter deleted transactions.
Also, there are several customer reports QBO offers so you can have a summary of their transactions. To open one, please refer to the steps below:
- Go to the Reports menu.
- Scroll down to Sales and customers. From there, choose the report you want to open.
- You can also filter the details by clicking the Customise button.
That's it! You'll now be able to get those deleted customers and invoices. Feel free to come back here again if you have other concerns about this or any QuickBooks-related questions. I'm here if you need further assistance. Have a good one.