Re: Graceman - Thanks for your suggestion. Presumably you're...
Thanks for joining this thread, @Domalos
I appreciate sharing to us the alternative steps on how to reclaim the VAT for mileage. This information will surely help other users in the same situation.
QuickBooks doesn’t have a built-in feature to automatically adjust the tax at this time. Another way to do this is to override the amount on the expense.
Let me guide you on how to perform these steps.
- Click on the Plus icon in the upper right, then choose Expense.
- Enter the name by clicking on the Payee drop-down.
- Input the correct date and payment method.
- Click on the drop-down for Amounts are, and select Exclusive of Tax.
- Under the Category column, select mileage.
- Enter the amount, then select 20% for VAT.
- Go to the VAT @20% section, input the correct amount in the field box.
- Click on Save and close.
This should get you pointed in the right direction. Keep me posted how these steps work for you. I’ll jump right back in to help.