Turning off the tax feature or switching to the old tax is irreversible in QuickBooks. As a workaround, you can change the default tax rate to No VAT. Once you create a transaction, you will no longer be prompted to enter a VAT code.
- Go to the Gear icon.
- Choose the Account and Settings button.
- Click the Advanced tab, then hit Accounting.
- In the Default tax rate selection drop-down, select No VAT.
- Tap Save, then Done.
I've attached an article about managing taxes and other related topics.
- Set up and edit VAT settings, VAT codes, and VAT rates
- Common VAT Codes
- Adjust your VAT liability
- VAT exceptions and reports
Just leave a comment below if you have follow-up questions. I'm glad to assist. Take care!