It's vital you're able to print cheques the way you'd like to see them. Don't worry, I'll be happy to look into this and give you a hand.
QuickBooks is an easy-to-use program which helps make your work easier. That being said, it's important to note that most customization options for cheques pertain to how they are printed. Here's how to customize your cheques in QB Online.
How to Align Supplier Cheques
You can align supplier cheques in just a few easy steps. Make sure you load your printer with plain paper before starting:
- Select the + New button.
- Select Print Cheques.
- At the bottom of the page, select Print setup.
The system will guide you through the rest until your cheques are aligned. Here's a helpful article with extra information about the various steps involved: Align how your cheques print
How to Align Pay Cheques
Pay cheques are set up in payroll settings, but the process is equally simple:
- Go to Settings ⚙, then select Payroll Settings.
- In the Preferences section, select Pay cheque Printing.
- Select Preprinted QuickBooks-compatible voucher cheque stock.
- Select Print 2 stubs or Print 1 stub, then OK.
- To start aligning the cheques, select Open Alignment Window.
- A PDF opens with a sample check to print. Follow the instructions in the PDF and then close it.
- Select Align Cheques.
- Print, then close the PDF that opens.
- Follow the instructions then enter the best fit number and letter.
- Select Update Settings and OK.
Here's a great article with these steps, and images to give you a visual guide: How to align preprinted pay cheques
Give this a try and if you need further assistance, I recommend contacting our support team using this link.