cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Established Community Backer ***

Re: I just want to express how pathetic I think the usage limits are. It appears to be an obvious and unnecessary way to bilk users out of more money.

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I am a very detailed person so had to ask. I am also a bit of a COA nut since I have setup COA's for so many companies of all sizes and on all different accounting systems. Most systems that I work with are project cost accounting systems so they have projects and accounts with a third element being org like division, department, etc. so that often minimizes the number of accounts required, so for example, you can have just one direct labor account that is used with multiple projects for customers and multiple division also vs. trying to capture all in just an account, which is usually why companies end up with way more accounts. That is one reason and another is not planning their COA very well and I don't mean you since I have never seen yours. My personal preference is to have a well-organized COA that has logic to the numbers so that anyone easily is able to memorize their COA and never have to look up an account number ever again so that is how I set up.