cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Established Community Backer ***

Re: I just want to express how pathetic I think the usage limits are. It appears to be an obvious and unnecessary way to bilk users out of more money.

The problem I see with Intuit/QuickBooks is trying to create a system that works for every type of business, trying to be the jack of all trades makes you a master of none. I have always said that QB is not a real accounting system since IMHO it is definitely not designed for accountants, a least not for me. I do not want my accounting system to make decisions for me and some of the hard-coded crap makes me crazy, including having "required" accounts. COGS makes no sense for services businesses as many are these days and account called "undeposited funds?" Who made that up? Definitely not anyone who passed Accounting 101, where you are taught that accounting transactions should always be recorded after the business activity, meaning AFTER you make the bank deposit. Doing this teaches people bad habits of inconsistency which causes errors and problems. Granted, maybe it is a useful account for some people, but forcing others to have it is the part I dislike, don't need it or want it. Seems to me the core system should follow normal accounting practices and the odd things like this are what should be optional.