cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Visit this post for a list of recent banking issues in QuickBooks Online.

Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
QuickBooks Team

Reply to Message

Thanks for adding some details of your concern, info1403.

Unfortunately, we're unable to match the two payments to a single transaction since their amounts aren't the same. Please take note that we can only match transactions with the same amounts in QuickBooks Online.

To ensure that your payroll records are accurate, you'll have to exclude those two downloaded transactions on the Banking page. Once done, you'll have to manually clear them in the register so you can easily reconcile the transactions. I'll show you how:

1. Select Accounting from the sidebar menu.
  2. Go to Chart of Accounts.
  3. Find the account holding the transaction, then click View register from the Action column.
  4. Locate the payments, then review the check column.
  5. Select the transaction and then keep clicking the box from the Check column the box until it shows C. This process will mark the transaction as cleared.
  6. Click the Save button to save the changes, then close the account register.

I also encourage reading these articles to help manage your downloaded bank transactions in QuickBooks Online:

I'm just a few clicks away if you have any other concerns or questions about bank transactions and reconciliation. I'll always have your back.