Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:

Reply to message

Glad to have you as part of this discussion, @tkoni,

I hear you and can understand the frustration of not having this function as expected. At the moment, QuickBooks only accepts up to 12 characters for financial institution passwords.

To ensure you're able to successfully connect your account into the program, make sure the password is updated. Reach out to your bank for further assistance with resetting the password.

Once done, establish the connection again in the Banking page through these steps:

1. Go to Banking from the left menu and choose the Banking tab.
  2. From there, click the Add Account button.
  3. Enter your financial institution’s URL or name on the search box and see the results.
  4. Select the bank and click Continue
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your bank account.

To avoid any errors in the future validate the credentials in the bank website then use it when signing in to online banking. 

If the same issue happens after updating the password, I highly recommend contacting our Support Team to create an investigation for the problem. Here's how to get support:

1. Click the (?) Help menu at the top right section of your QBO Dashboard.
  2. Tap the Contact us button.

I appreciate your time today. Please know that the Community has your back and I'm here if you need additional guidance with anything in QuickBooks. Wishing you all the best! Have a lovely day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us