Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Hello there, @handyman123.

Capital One has a lot of different account types you can connect with QuickBooks. With that being said, allow me to make sure you’re able to connect the correct bank account successfully and stop the error notification you’ve been receiving.

For starters, banking related concerns usually require troubleshooting steps that need to be performed more than one attempt and takes time to be resolved. Often, these errors can be fixed by making sure that QuickBooks Desktop is under the latest version.

On the other hand, there are two possible you’ll be prompted with error 107:

• If you‘re trying to connect an account for the first time. An error 107 means you have a valid login for Capital One but the choice you chose is not the correct one for accounts you currently have at the bank. To solve this, you simply need to retry connecting to a different Capital One listing.
  • If you have multiple accounts under a single Capital One login, and some of them are already connected to a QuickBooks Online account and they are returning an Error 107, chances are they have authorized one or more of the presences at the bank.

If you haven’t tried the troubleshooting steps on fixing error 107 provided by my colleagues above, I recommend giving it a try.

Here’s how: 

1. Back up the QuickBooks company file.
  2. Open and close QuickBooks.
  3. From Lists in the upper left-hand corner, choose Chart of Accounts.
  4. Mark the Include inactive check box from the Chart of Accounts.
  5. Right-click the account that needs to be deactivated then click Edit Account.
  6. Click the Bank Feed Settings tab.
  7. Select Deactivate all online services.
  8. Hit OK.
  9. Select Save & Close.
  10. Close and reopen the company file.

Once QuickBooks is updated and your bank is deactivated, let’s proceed with setting up a new account for Bank Feeds.

Here's how:

1. Go to Banking, choose Bank Feeds.
  2. Click Set Up Bank Feed for an Account.
  3. In the Enter your Bank’s name field, type in Capital One Bank - New. Note that as you type, QuickBooks displays names that match what you’ve typed so far.
  4. Type in your bank‘s log in credentials.
  5. Click Connect. 
  6. Select the account (s) you want to connect to QuickBooks and click Connect.
  7. Click Close after the ‘Success!’ screen opens.

Once your account is connected successfully, you can now download your latest bank transactions via the Bank Feeds center.

That should do it, @handyman123! Keep in touch with me to let me how it works on your end. I’m always here to make sure we’re on top on every issue you have.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us