Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Hi there, @ccraig-stemania.

QuickBooks Online uses browser cache files that temporarily saves your browsing data. When it’s full, you could experience unusual behaviors like having the balance on the register not to update.

To get this issue sorted out, you may sign in to QuickBooks in an private window. It stops the cache files from saving new data and makes your browser work fresh.

Here are the different keyboard shortcuts to open them:

• Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N
  • Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Internet Explorer: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Safari: press Command + Shift + N

Once done, you can double check if the balance is now updated. If it works fine, go back to your regular browser and clear the cache

However, if the same thing happens after performing the steps above, I recommend contacting our Customer Care Team. They can run a remote-viewing session and help verify on what's causing the issue. 

Here's how:

1. Click on Help at the top menu bar.
  2. Hit on the Contact Us button.
  3. Enter a brief description of the issue in the What can we help you with? box.
  4. Press on Let's talk.
  5. Select on Get a callback.
  6. Key in your contact details, then tap on Confirm my call.

contact us1.PNGContact us2.PNG

If you can let me know what specific financial institution are you working with, that would be a big help. This way, I'll be able to check if there's an ongoing issue with your bank.

If there's anything else that I can help you with, please let me know by leaving a reply below. Have a lovely day!

View solution in original post

Need to get in touch?

Contact us