cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Not applicable

Re: I need to import a budget prepared in excel. I don't want to have to key it in to QBO. Can I ...

All 3rd party apps require knowledge of the .iif file format and specifically the header. There isn't much help online either by QB/Intuit or others as most use Desktop versions of the software. The biggest issue is that the Budget is a List. Even with 3rd party import tools - there's no way to create a new Budget List (eg: FY19 - High vs FY19 Low versions of same fiscal period budget). 

Very frustrating. Even an export .iif option would provide a significant improvement level over current functionality. For customers like me who have >100 rows in my COA and budget multiple times year on a high and low basis across multiple Classe - it's ridiculous to think I'm going to manually type in literally thousands of points of data. 

It would even help if a user could copy past on the budget creation fields from an external source! The idea of copying a single amount across all fields (current functionality) in a row is ridiculous.  

Need to get in touch?

Contact us