Thanks for visiting the Community, @Terry Rocks.
I’m here to walk you through the steps to add a deposit and other transactions in QuickBooks Online using your iPad.
Depending on how your transactions are entered, recording a bank deposit in QBO involves different features. Here’s how they are recorded into the program:
• Add other funds to this deposit: This section is always on the Bank Deposits windows. Use the table to create a new Deposit by choosing the name, account category, add the amount, or remove fees.
• Select the payments included in this deposit: This will appear if Undeposited Funds is chosen as the Deposit to account.
• QuickBooks Payments: This section contains payments that are pending, and will be automatically added to a Deposit transaction when settled.
QuickBooks automatically records the bank deposits for you if you use QuickBooks Online Payments in processing credit cards and online invoice payments.
Here’s how to enter a bank deposit:
1. Go to the Plus (+) icon.
2. Select Bank Deposit.
3. Choose the bank account to which you wish to deposit the funds.
4. Click Add deposit or Select existing payments.
5. Hit Save.
For more information, please refer to this article: Add a bank deposit in QuickBooks Online.
Please remember that you cannot use the Deposit page if you’re recording customer payments towards an invoice. Use the Receive Payment feature instead. Here’s how:
1. Click the Plus (+) icon and
2. Select Invoice Payment.
3. Choose the customer who paid you.
4. Add payment details or select invoices.
5. Hit Save,
You can enter an estimate, invoice, sales receipt, expense, bank deposit, invoice payment transactions, notes, customer and vendor from the Plus (+) icon. You also have the option to enter transactions directly to any bank register in QBO. For more information, check out this article: Add transactions to bank register.
That should answer your question for today. Let me know if you need anything else, I’ll be more than happy to help. Thanks for dropping by and take care!