Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Hey there, WorldPeace2018.

Currently, the option to create your own categories is unvailable in QuickBooks Self-Employed. I know how convenient it would be to have the ability to categorize things the way you'd like in your bookkeeping. We’ve heard that request quite a bit so maybe we will do so in the future. Actually, it's our most requested feature since we launched QuickBooks Self-Employed.

I'll be taking this post as a feedback and add your vote to this feature request. Please know that we preserve the integrity of the categories in the Schedule C. Rest assured, the program will provide the appropriate categories that best suit your transactions to ensure that your estimated taxes aren't negatively impacted.

You can refer to this article to learn more about the different categories in QuickBooks Self-Employed.

I also encourage you to consult your accountant in selecting the categories to avoid discrepancies and confusion.

We'll keep you in the loop on our progress and will share any details as soon as we have them through our blog.

If there's anything else I can help you with, don't think twice to drop a comment below. Stay safe and healthy!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us