- Client had wrong name and old address in Quickbooks for an employee who briefly worked for him in early 2018.
- W-2 was issued to the old address with the wrong name.
- W-2 was returned to us as undeliverable.
- Client reached out to ex-employee to get updated address, with the intention of issuing a corrected W-2 with the correct name and updated address.
- Ex-employee is not returning client's attempts to contact her.
Question: What is our best course of action...
A) do nothing?
B) issue corrected W-2 with the correct name, leaving the old address?
C) Something else?