Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

I have another workaround that we can do, ianpo. 

Let's use the Automated Password Reset Tool that can also help us reset the password.

Let me show you how: 

1. Open this link and download the Automated password tool for QuickBooks Desktop
  2. Click QuickBooks for Widnows (All versions).
  3. Select the version. 
  4. Enter your Business information and click Next. Let's make sure the details entered are the same with what's in your company file. 
  5. Accept the Service agreement
  6. The Automated Password Reset tool will automatically download. 
  7. Run the downloaded tool and then enter the token number received through email. 
  8. Select your QuickBooks version from the QuickBooks Desktop Products drop-down.
  9. Click Browse for Company File and choose the correct company file you want to rest the password for. 
  10. Enter the Company File Admin User Name and your new Password. Reenter it to confirm. 
  11. Select Reset Password to complete. 

Once logged in you can now manage your company file. You can check this article that will help you troubleshoot the steps I provided when prompted with messages: Use the Automated Password Reset Tool for QuickBooks Desktop

I also suggest reaching out to us if you still can't reset and log in to your company file. Here's how: 

1. Click this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact
  2. Select QuickBooks Desktop and Continue as a guest
  3. Select your version. 
  4. Click Account Management and scroll down to the page to get the phone number

Let me know if you need more help with your QuickBooks file. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us