cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Created with Sketch. Visit our new QuickBooks News section for news, updates, and opportunities to give feedback.

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Hello there, amandamanastersk,

Accurately accounting for transactions that used personal cards is key when it comes to managing a set of books and I want to make sure you have the information you need to handle these correctly. I'll steer you in the right direction for how you can take care of these transactions in QuickBooks Online.

Generally speaking, it's best to avoid the mixing of business and personal funds, but I know that it happens sometimes. For those instances, we have a few articles that can direct you on how to log them in your books to ensure the numbers are lining up. Check them out below.

I recommend using the method outlined in the second article for the transactions where your husband used his business card. If that is what you've done and you need an extra hand with the taxes or you'd prefer to stick to the method you've used, I recommend speaking with an accountant to learn the best way to handle this situation. They'll know if and how you should apply the taxes for these purchases.

The My Accountant tab in the program can help you with this. Found in the left menu, this tab gives you the opportunity to invite your accountant on as a user or to use the Find a pro to help button if you don't already have an accountant. This will link you to our database of QuickBooks-certified accountants.

Take care and enjoy your weekend!