cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Created with Sketch. Need to update your account details or payment information for QuickBooks Desktop? Click here for our step-by-step guide.
Created with Sketch. Need help running payroll? Watch our video or read the guide in our Product Tutorial.
Created with Sketch. Learn how to create and match bank rules in our video guide.
Created with Sketch. Get help with your T4A and T5018 forms.

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Level 2

Reply to message

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply.  I've noticed that I have 2 journal entries other than the monthly currency revaluations.

The first entry was to reduce the Opening Equity Balance and AR I had before the beginning of the year when I started to enter date into QBO.

The second was to create an item on my Balance Sheet for a USD cash investment, I created an entry for an asset and a liability.

These were early in the year.  How should I resolve this without journal entries or in a manner that will be captured accurately when I revalue currency at the end of every month?

Edit:  Added screenshot.  Is this screen of the journal entry created by revaluing currency normal?  None of the revaluations adjust the USD AR/AP, it's just $0 as a placeholder.  The discrepancy between Trial Balance and Balance Sheet started on the first date I entered a currency revaluation?

Is this just a quirk of QB that the Trial Balance shows the un-revalued amount and the Balance Sheet shows the revalued amount.  If you click and open up the details, the USD amount and un-revalued amount are the same, but the revalued amount going through the Balance Sheet shows the revalued amount.

Thanks.