cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:

Re: Scheduled Backups Create Temp File

I appreciate you getting back to us, MJK999.

Allow me to take over and share additional information concerning the  QBTempBackup.tmp file.

A QBBackupTemp folder is a temporary folder used as a holding area for QuickBooks file components during the QuickBooks Backup (.QBB) file preparation process. These files are automatically deleted once the backup file is completed. The .DSN files are backup files that did not complete successfully.

In some cases, the temp (.tmp) folder may remain if there is a failure error message during the backup. With that said, you'll have to manually delete it. The "Clear up memory used by QBBackupTemp Folders" section of this article provides more details about this: Create a backup of the QuickBooks Desktop company file.

This article is a good reference as well: Restore a backup of your company file.

For additional help, you can also reach out to our QuickBooks Desktop Support

1. Within your QuickBooks Desktop, click Help at the top menu bar.
  2. Click Contact us.
  3. To route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have. Give a brief description of your issue and click Continue.
  4. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you

Hope I helped you get all straightened out today. Let me know if you have other backup file questions. Have a great day.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us