Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Level 1

Quickbooks suddenly very slow to exit

I am running QB Premier 2018 Non-Profit Edition on a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit computer with plenty of storage and power. About 3 or 4 weeks ago the program suddenly began closing very slowly. It opens fine, runs fine, but now takes up to 20 seconds close.

I checked the company file size and saw it had grown to 270MB. I read that could be the issue. However I condensed the file down to 166MB with no noticeable improvement. I used the utilities available with the program as well as QB Desktop File Doctor and there were no issues detected with the integrity of the file. I also tried opening an earlier back-up of the company file from long before this issue arose and it also closed slowly.

The file is normally accessed on a mutli-user network so I placed the file directly on my desktop and tried again, thinking perhaps it was a network issue. Still no improvement.

In one last attempt, I turned off my antivirus software in case it might be interfering. But again, no improvement.

I'm beginning to wonder if recent Windows 10 updates could be causing an issue? Has anyone else seen this? What could be the problem? Thank you!

Jerry M.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us