Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Hey there, @billb3

Thanks for following up with us. I'd like to provide additional information for your concern. 

Along with what my colleague has provided above, I recommend running some troubleshooting steps to your company file and desktop performance. Since you stated that this is only happening to 2 out of 4 of the company files, this leans more into the issue with your company file.

To clarify, are the 2 company files having the issue located in another folder on the desktop aside from the 2 working files? If so, I recommend moving the 2 non-working file into the same location as the 2 working files. Additionally, how large are the files that are having issues? QuickBooks' performance decreases as the size of the company file increases. There are no actual limits on the size of your company data file, but performance may be hindered if your network cannot handle large data files. I've included a few suggestions below that you can do to optimize your company file. 

1. Reduce your Database (DB) File Fragments. Excessive DB File Fragments can degrade the performance of your computer. See Database (DB) file fragments for more details.
  2. Resort your Master Name List (customers, vendors, employees, and other names), your Chart of Accounts, and your Item List. It's recommended to do this to your lists weekly. Use steps from: Qbwin.log: Verify Account Balance failed.
  3. Verify your company file weekly. See Resolve data damage on your company file.
  4. Transaction log files (TLG ) keep track of changes to the file since the last backup. Large TLG files can cause performance issues. However, do not delete the TLG file. Instead, make a manual backup with full verification to reset the TLG.

You can see more ways to optimize your company file in Resolve QuickBooks Desktop performance issues: Manage your data file.

I'm also including an article about optimizing your QuickBooks below. This way, you can check out some of the steps you can take to get your QuickBooks working and running smoothly. 

Please know you can reach out to the Community or me any time you need a helping hand. We've got your back. Take care! 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us