Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Glad to have you back, @sprints.

You've got me here to provide the information that you need in handling your payments in QuickBooks Desktop.

If you're referring to recording the PO transaction that will indicate that the payment was processed through a credit card instead of a check, then you may follow the steps presented by my peer above.

However, if you wanted to link the credit card payment and its charges to the bill, this can be done by performing these steps below.

Let's start by recording the credit card payment.

1. From the Banking menu, select Enter Credit Card Charges
  2. Choose the Credit Card account and select Purchase/Charge. 
  3. Enter the necessary information. 
  4. Then, click the Expenses tab and choose Accounts Payable under the Account column. 
  5. Enter the Amount and then Save & Close

Once done, you can now link it to the bill:

1. Go to the Vendors menu and choose Pay Bills.
  2. Locate the Bill created from the Purchase Order
  3. Click on the Set Credit button and select the charge to link on the bill payment. 
  4. Choose Credit Card as the Payment Method
  5. Then, Pay Selected Bills and Done

Additionally, I've included here a couple of links that you can check out about handing the payables in QuickBooks Desktop:

If you need further assistance with the process, you can always reach out to our Customer Care Team. They have advanced tools that can help walk you through this procedure. 

Please let me know how this works for you, sprints or if you're referring to something else. I want to ensure you're all set. Have a nice day ahead!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us