Hey there, Lisbivens.
Thanks for reaching out here in the Community. You've come to the right place for assistance with QuickBooks and I can show you how to send payments to the patients directly through your account.
One option to get this done would be to first set up the patients as Vendors. You'll do this by:
1. Clicking the Expenses tab from the left navigation menu, then Vendors.
2. Choose the New vendor button in the top right corner.
3. Enter the necessary information and click Save.
Next, your client will need to issue bills from the newly created vendors to his or her self. You can do this through QuickBooks Online by:
1. Select Expenses in the left navigation bar, then Expenses again.
2. Click the green button in the top right corner for New transaction, and select Bill.
3. Choose your patient from the Vendor drop-down, fill in all of the necessary info.
4. Select Save and close.
* Remember, the client is creating the bill to pay them self. This is also the space where you can enter a memo or attach a letter to the patient.
Once you send the bill, your client will be able to pay via QBO straight to the patient. To pay bills in QuickBooks:
1. Click the Expenses tab once again, and make sure Expenses is selected at the top of the screen.
2. Choose the gray Pay Bills button.
3. When the Pay Bills screen appears, click the blue link labeled Pay bills directly from QuickBooks.
4. The next page that appears will give you options for what is referred to as Online Bill Pay and how you can pay through your QB account.
This article explains Online Bill Pay in even more detail: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Payments/Online-Bill-Pay-powered-by-Bill-com/m-p/185916.
After completing these steps, your client will then be able to disburse the grant money to the patients in the society. You know where to find me if you have questions about this process or anything else in QBO. Take care.