Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Hi there @Jo Landers,

I know how important this feature in your business. The reason why you're not able to get a warning because the Routine feature is just replaced by the new feature which is the Auto invoice reminders feature.

You can use the Automate invoice reminders feature since this is just the same set where your QuickBooks Online account will automatically send reminders or invoices to your client. Let me walk you through the steps on how to set up this feature. Here's how:

Set up automatic invoice reminders

1. Go to the Gear icon and select the Account and Settings tab.
  2. Choose Sales.
  3. Go to the Reminders section and click the pencil icon.
  4. Select the Auto invoice reminder checkbox.
  5. Choose how many days before or after the due date you want to send reminders.
  6. Select either Before or After from the dropdown.
  7. Click the +Create reminder button to create second and third reminders as needed.

Next, craft your message:

1. Edit the email subject line as needed.
  2. Click the checkbox beside the Use greeting to customize your greeting.
  3. Craft your own text message, or you can use the default message.
  4. If you want to get a confirmation when reminders go out, select the Email me a copy checkbox.
  5. Once done, click the Save button and then Done.

For more detailed information, you can read this article to learn more: Automate invoice reminders in QuickBooks Online.

Also, you can pull up a report for your unpaid invoice in your QuickBooks Online account using the open invoice report.

To check the latest product updates in QuickBooks Online, you can always visit this link: The QuickBooks Blog.

If you have follow-up questions, feel free to leave a message in the comment section. I'm always around here in the Community to help. Have a great day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us