cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
QuickBooks Team

Re: Muli-User QB Invoice and PO Numbers Change when 2 People are Entering Information

Hello again, @KenCanToo.

Thank you for getting back to me and letting me know how to rebuild and verify went. I want to reassure you that the system can handle multiple users entering invoices at one time. I have a few recommendations to pass along if you'd like to try them: deleting the .tlg file, running the Advanced File Doctor, and verifying the network is fully set up for hosting. I've included steps down below on how to perform these steps:

The .tlg file is a tag-along file that is created wherever the company file is stored When used in multi-user mode, all workstations send data to the .tlg file, and then it is sent to the company file. Occasionally, a .tlg file can become damaged and needs to be recreated. Here's how:

• Open the folder the houses your company file on the hosting computer.
  • Look for a file with the extension ".tlg" and right-click it.
  • Select Delete to delete the file. 
  • Launch QuickBooks into multi-user mode once more.

After performing these steps, a new .tlg file will be created. Try entering transactions once more. If you're still running into that message, proceed to the next set of steps:

The QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool you will download that fixes many issues with a company file beyond what a rebuild and a verify can do. You can find the support article for the File Doctor can be found here

As for verifying the multi-user set up, I have a very helpful link that goes over how to set up QuickBooks so there are no issues with a multi-user environment. Sometimes when the hosting is not set up fully, you can encounter similar error messages. I previously referenced this article in an earlier post, but I've attached it once more so you can easily find it, here.

@rshetler, if you have any specific questions about multi-user mode or anything specific to QuickBooks, don't hesitate to ask. That goes for you, too, @KenCanToo. If you have any questions about this information, don't hesitate to reach out to me as well. I'll be here awaiting your responses.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us