Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:

Reply to Message

Hey there, Louise_Green.

Allow me to step in and help you further with your payroll liabilities in QuickBooks Online.

As you have migrated from the desktop the Journals will not be populated automatically. You'll need to create relevant accounts and add sub-accounts in the chart of accounts. z.PNG

You can then deactivate the chart of accounts that related to your desktop product, they will be listed in the chart of accounts. You will then have to create the payroll journal manually after running payroll. I've included a screenshot of how the journal should be created. See the sample screenshot below.
x.PNG

However, using this method needs the assistance of an accounting professional for the accounts you need to use. Also, your accountant can help and guide on which account to debit and credit.

If you'd like to migrate to QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll, I'd suggest getting in touch with our Payroll Support.  I'm including these articles to help guide you more about the Advanced Payroll in QuickBooks:

QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll Hub

Manually setup a workplace pension scheme in QuickBooks Online Advanced Payroll

Also, please know that you can always visit our Help Articles page for QuickBooks Online in case you need some reference for your future tasks.

I've got your back if you need more help with payroll in QuickBooks. I'd be more than willing to lend you a hand.