Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Level 1

Reply to Message

Can I jump on this too...!

Like many of you, I have been using Quickbooks Desktop for around 20 years.  Being forced to change to online wasn't ideal but I figured it would be easier than migrating to a whole new accounting system.

Most if it has been ok but the Advanced Payroll is a nightmare to navigate.  I've just about got my head around it after multiple calls to support.  Today I have attempted to do my first payroll liabilities and pension liabilities payments and it is nothing like we are used to.  I have tried to explain to the support rep on the phone that all I wanted to do was create the entries in Quickbooks online to show the payments I would me making to HMRC and Nest (Pensions) and they didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about and kept telling me to call HMRC...?

They were continuously asking me to click on the Taxes tab despite clearly seeing that the only thing in there is VAT - no mention if payroll liabilities at all.  We went round and round in circles before I eventually just hung the phone up as I was getting nowhere. 

I have ended up selecting New and Cheque and putting HMRC as the payee, selecting the relevant liability accounts and putting in the figures from the P32.  Same with the Nest payment.  I'm not sure my accountant will be happy with this but I can see no other way to do it.

Trying to do a liability adjustment to allow for the Employment Allowance is impossible which is how I found this thread.  There is some comfort in the knowledge that I am not the only one this is happening to.

I would be grateful if anyone has any knowledge to share of any work around to adjust the payroll liabilities. 

Hopefully we'll get there.

All the best,

Steven