cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
QuickBooks Team

Re: Hello spaudel, Let me help you get back on track. What w...

Hi there, @emifinley.

I appreciate you trying some steps to get this issue sorted out. Allow me to share some troubleshooting steps to get this sorted out.

If you're trying to attach documents from your Doc Center to your company file's transactions and nothing seems to be happening, perform the following steps:

1. Browse to the location where your company file is stored.
    Default location: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files
  2. Make a new Attach folder.
  3. Rename Attach folder by adding "_OLD" to it.
  4. Create a new folder and name it Attach.
  5. Copy the contents from the old folder.
  6. In the new Attach folder, create a folder that matches the name of the company file. Open the new folder.
  7. Create new sub-folders named Inbox and TXN.
  8. Copy and paste contents over to respective new folders from their old counterparts.
  9. From the QuickBooks Company menu, select Documents > Repair Attached Documents Links
  10. Select Repair Links.

For more details about this process, please visit this article: QuickBooks Attached Documents: FAQs and common issues.

However, if the issue persists after trying these steps I'd suggest giving our Technical Team a call. They have the necessary tools to work with you to find out what exactly may be causing this issue.

To do that:

1. In your browser, navigate to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose QuickBooks Desktop.
  3. Select the issue or topic.
  4. Click the Green Phone button to get the support number.

Keep me posted if there's anything else you need about this concern. I'm always here to help. Have a nice day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us