Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Thanks for the clarification, @BethV.

Yes, you’re right. Moving the items from one line to another is currently unavailable in QuickBooks Desktop.

Since you encounter an unrecoverable error when deleting and replacing it, I recommend performing some troubleshooting solutions to isolate and fix the issue. You can start by identifying how many users are affected.

Create a different log in details and use it to open the same company file. If the problem only happens in one specific user, that credential might be damaged.

Let’s recreate it for regular users. Here’s how:

1. From the Company menu at the top, select Set Up Users and Passwords and then Set Up Users.
  2. Click Add User.
  3. Provide a name and an optional password for this user and hit Next.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to customize the user's access, and click Finish.

Users 1.PNGUsers 2.PNGUsers 3.PNGUsers 4.PNG

Once done, log off the company file and sign back in using the new credentials. However, if the damaged user is an Admin, download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor. Follow the steps below:

1. Download the tool and save it to a location where you can easily find it.
  2. Open the QBFD.exe file and follow the instruction to install the tool.
  3. In the next window, select the company file from the drop-down or click Browse to search for the file.
  4. Choose the appropriate option and enter your Admin password.
  5. Select whether you want to run the File Doctor on the Workstation or the Server.

Check out this article for the detailed steps: QuickBooks File Doctor.

I'm also adding some articles with other troubleshooting solutions that can help resolve the issue:

Reach out to me if you need assistance with anything else. I'm more than happy to help. Wishing you the best!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us