Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Level 2

Reply to message

Kristine,

Thanks for your reply.  I don't think I've made myself clear.  I know what dropshipping is and how it works, but thanks for the article anyway.  I already run a dropshipping business, and am moving to take online orders (with a 3rd party quickbooks integration.)

That article explains dropshipping as a concept, not how to step by step use quickbooks to do accounting for dropshipping.  It seems (to me) that quickbooks was basically designed for retail brick and mortar or service businesses, but anything online/drop-shipped feels like I'm always using a work-around.  Maybe it's because I only took 2 semesters in accounting and am self-taught on quickbooks and therefore don't completely understand. -Please- feel free to explain why I am wrong in this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Here's what I'm asking:

An inventory part allows you to enter "sales price" and COGS.  A non-inventory part only allows you to enter "price."

OK, so as you suggested, when I go to use the non-inventory part when issuing a PO to a vendor, the "price" is what comes up.

No problem with that.  However, when I go to create a customer invoice, it uses the same price.

My issue is this: I have to manually change one of those two, otherwise I am buying and selling the item for the exact same price (and thus making no money.)

Basically, I want a non-inventory part to function like an inventory part (wherein I can have one entry for my price (COGS) and one entry for the retail price (sales price))  Is there a way I can track both and still use your suggestion of using a non-inventory part?

Also, when I create a non-inventory part, what account do I choose?  I selected COGS, but maybe it's purchase orders?  or something else?

Thanks.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us