Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Level 15

Reply to message

First thing is to download IRS Pub 225, that pub is specifically for farmers and ranchers since y'all have some special rules with the IRS


COGS means cost of goods sold, and when you fill out the income tax form it revolves around inventory purchased and sold.


I would use a COGS type account and select COS (Cost of Sales) as the detail type.  This COS account is where I would post the butchering cost.


Costs like feed, water, vet, etc are just operating costs, create your expense accounts as needed and post those cost to them

View solution in original post

Need to get in touch?

Contact us