cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Created with Sketch. Need to update your account details or payment information for QuickBooks Desktop? Click here for our step-by-step guide.
Created with Sketch. Need help running payroll? Watch our video or read the guide in our Product Tutorial.
Created with Sketch. Learn how to create and match bank rules in our video guide.
Created with Sketch. Get help with your T4A and T5018 forms.

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Level 2

Reply to message

I did some further testing, and it seems if I use any account other than A/R to record the resolving lines on the bank matching page, then amounts don't properly tabulate on the customer's detail page.  If I use A/R and the customer's name on the resolving line, then an expense gets created in the customer's name. I can then visit the customer's page, pull up that previous payment amount and check-off that expense to resolve the initial overpayment.

As a concrete example:

Store A invoice #101 is $100

Store B invoice #102 is $100

Store C invoice #103 is $200

First week deposit is for $300, which I record as $200 (overpayment) for #101, and $100 for #102. This creates a $100 credit for Store A.

Second week deposit is for $100, which I record as $200 for #103, and add a resolving line for -$100 against A/R in Store A's name. This creates an expense in Store A's name.

Then when I visit Store A's customer page, I can see $0 open transactions, but $100 overdue. If I then click on the auto-generated payment from the "first week" deposit, I can revise the matches that already include invoice #101 and now also check off the box next to the auto-generated expense, and the totals match up.

The customer's page now shows $0 open and $0 overdue correctly.