Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
QuickBooks Team

Re: How can I record an adjustment for B&O tax to January when I don't owe any sales tax so t...

Thank you for visiting the Community, @wkenzb4me.


Let me give you a few ways to record your tax adjustments in QuickBooks and guide you on how to perform each of them.


If you’re referring to your sales tax adjustment, you can adjust it from your Sales Tax Center. Feel free to follow these steps:

  1. On the left panel, click on Taxes
  2. Choose Record Tax Payment.
  3. Enter the necessary information.
  4. Tick on the Make Adjustment box.
  5. Enter the Adjustment Amount, Reason, and Account.
  6. Click on Record Tax Payment.

But if you’re referring to an adjustment on your B&O tax, you can create a Journal Entry. Here’s how:

  1. Click on the Plus (+) icon, choose Journal Entry.
  2. Tick the Is Adjusting Journal Entry? box.
  3. Enter the necessary information.
  4. Click on Save and Close.

Also, I recommend seeking help from your accountant about recording your tax adjustments. This way, he/she can give you the best advice about the adjustments on your taxes and the designated accounts.


Please let me know if you’re referring to something else or if you have any other concerns. I’ll be here to help.