cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:

Re: WA Paid Family and Medical Leave

Thanks for joining this thread, @RenePower.

Allow me to step in for a moment and help make sure that you can add the new WA Paid Family and Medical Leave payroll items in your QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) Pro 2016.

If your payroll tax table is already the latest version and you're unable to get the Add Payroll Item tool to pop-up after the update, you can manually add those payroll items and the rate of each employee in the Employee Center at the same time.

Here's how:

1. Go to Employees menu at the top, then pick Employee Center on the drop-down.
2. Double-click the name of the employee, then select Payroll Info on the left panel.
3. Click Taxes on the upper right, then in the Taxes screen pop-up, select Other tab.
4. On the ITEM NAME drop-down, choose Add New.
5. On the Other tax, locate the WA – Paid Fam Med Leave Emp then Next and Finish.
6. Select Add New again and locate WA – Paid Fam Med Leave Co, then Next and Finish.

Once the payroll items are added, you can now add the rate. Here's how:

1. On the same screen (Other tab), click each payroll item.
2. In the Co. Portion Rate field, enter the company share of the premium portion rate as a whole number (no decimals). 
3. In the Emp. Portion Rate field, enter the employee share of the premium portion rate (no decimals).

For more information, you can also check out this article: Washington Paid Family and Medical Leave (New Tax 2019).

That should help you add the new WA Paid Family and Medical Leave payroll items.

Please let me know how it goes or if I can be of additional assistance. I'll be here if you have any follow-up concerns. Take care and have an awesome weekend!