Thank you for contacting community.
To record either a payment or refund regarding your VAT from HMRC please follow the below steps:
1. Log into QuickBooks Online.
2. Go to the Taxes section on your left hand navigation bar.
3. For the period you are wanting to record the payment / refund you will have a drop down arrow on the same line but the far right hand side under the Action column.
4. Click this an either select Record Payment or Record Refund.
5. Fill in the information, date, bank and amount and save.
If you have our bank connected to QuickBooks you can then match the transaction from your For Review section to the payment/ refund you created in the steps above.
Let me know if you have any queries. Or, if you'd like to go through this over the phone, you can call our dedicated team who will be happy to assist you. Our contact details can be found here along with our opening hours.