Learn what to do if you see this error when you check online banking in QuickBooks Online.
Don't worry if you see Error 108. It only means there's a message from your bank or credit card on their website. Messages, especially ones about updates, can block the connection to QuickBooks.
Step 1: Review messages on your bank or credit card's website
- Sign in to your bank or credit card's website.
Important: These should be the same credentials you use to connect the account to QuickBooks. If you use something different, disconnect the account from QuickBooks and use the credentials for your bank's website to reconnect it.
- Check for any updates, messages, or notifications.
- If you need to take any action, the message should give you specific steps.
Messages are usually about:
- New terms of service
- Announcements about maintenance or other site changes
- New offers
|Note: If you don't see notifications when you sign in, you may need to turn off your web browser's pop-up blocker.|
Step 2: Update your bank connections in QuickBooks
After you review and address all the messages, sign back into QuickBooks
In QuickBooks Online
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online.
- Go to Bookkeeping, select Transactions, then select Banking (Take me there).
- Select Update.
Important: If you didn't see notifications on your bank's website and still see the error, reach out to your bank. You may not be able to see certain types of messages that can cause error 108.